Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cutting up the rug!

Ok, not quite the rug, but a lot of stuff. I finally got my stuff organized enough to feel comfortable to start in on some projects and got my awesome hubby to watch the kids for a while for me. Yesterday I cut out: 4 duet aprons, 2 chef hats, 3 scripture cases, 1 little girl's dress and 1 purse to match the dress. I like to organize my projects by putting them in a ziploc bag with a note inside saying which project it is, what size it is and if it needs anything special to go with it like a zipper or some buttons. I just finished up a double batch of spice ornaments and have almost all of them done except for 5 letters. I'm making them the for all of our extended family members. I also am making them as gift boxes for an Enrichment Night activity next week. I just hope they turn out all right.



3 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh wow! I love how you organize your fabric into plastic bags with the project written on top. Such a great idea! I will have to keep this in mind for my next projects. Cutting is always the worst part, so getting that out of the way is a great idea!

Kris said...

Holly! That is fantastic! You are totally on a roll right now. Gotta love a sweet husband who can help out, too. I'm lucky enough to have one as well and it just wouldn't be the same without that support! Your gifts look awesome!

jennebeker said...

Hi - I'm following through the Thrifty Fifty and I just have to know where you got a pattern for Scripture Cases. I would love to sew something up for my daughter, but hadn't even thought about where to find a pattern. Good luck with everything. Thanks a lot.

Jennifer